January 2, 2015

LotR-LCG: 'Passage Through Mirkwood' (easy mode)

Date: 1/2/2015
Quest: Passage Through Mirtkwood
Number of Players: 2
Heroes Player 1: Legolas, Gimli, Thalin
Heroes Player 2: Aragorn, Gloin, Theodred
Result: Success
Score: 169
Quest Mode: Easy

My son and I just completed our first quest for the Lord of the Rings: The Card Game.  Seeing how this was our very first time playing this game, we decided to play it in 'easy' mode instead of 'normal'.  It took us awhile to go through the first couple of turns since we were following the rulebook for each Phase to make sure we do not miss a step, plus we were still getting familiar with all the cards.  The game probably took us about 4 hours to complete (yes, that's a long time) but it included a lunch break.  Tonight we are to tackle the same adventure again, but this time in 'normal' mode.  Hopefully we'll be able to get through it a little faster (seeing how we'll be having 'The Fellowship of the Ring' playing on the TV, it may not take us any faster).

It is still a bit to early for me to decide how much I like this game, but one benefit for me is the Co-op play style.  It is a nice change of pace to actually work together with my son rather than always trying to beat him like in all the other games.  I can see for this reason alone that we'll be continuing to play this game.

Fantasy Flight Games also offers a nice Quest Log tracker online to keep track of all the adventures you played and the outcome of your results.  To access the log, click HERE.

I'll be updateing my stats online, plus I'll continue to do a short write up like this one here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment