October 3, 2009

Back in the saddle (so to speak)

Well it's been awhile since I wrote anything, let alone paint anything. I've painted a few items for my son's 40K Salamander's army, but nothing alot (just a couple Attack Bikes and a few Assault Marines).

It's finally time to get back up on the horse (it's not like I was just sitting on the couch doing nothing, all my free time has been going to the gym. Since we got back from vacation in July, I thought it was time to start exercising again and riding the bike.) It's been about 6 years since I last exercised and at that time I went from 250 lbs down to 169 lbs. When we got back from vacation, I was back at 250 lbs. That's not good. It's been almost 3 months since we got back and I'm at 206 lbs. I'm real happy with my progress, and I have been really enjoying riding my bike.

Now back to my hobbying. Winter is coming soon here in Chicago and riding outdoors is becoming limited, so it's time to pick up the paint brush again. I thought moving back to Chicago that I would be playing a lot more Fantasy (since most of my friends here play Fantasy) but that hasn't really been the case. Guess I've been lazy. Well I think it's time to finally get back to my roots, what got me into this hobby.

So the weekend of November 14th-15th a friend of mine here is running a 2250 point Warhammer tourney called Core Competency. 900 points of the 2250 must be of Core points.

I have my Empire army which is what I started with, and always play, but I also have a Dwarf army. I thought what better time to get these guys touched up/finished up for this event.

I need to re-base the entire army (to match my new standards) and paint up a unit of Hammerers and Miners and few Artillery Crew.

Last night I started the basing process, and it's been going pretty good so far. I'll be out of town next weekend, and the weekend after, so their really isn't much time left. If I do not get the Hammerers and Miners done in time, I have some other units that I can throw in as a backup plan.

Here is the list I am thinking of playing (minus Magic items)

2250 Pts - Dwarfs Roster

1 Dwarf Lord
1 Runesmith
1 Runesmith
1 Thane (Battle Standard Bearer)
19 Dwarf Warriors FC, HW/Shield
15 Dwarf Warriors FC, GW
25 Dwarf Warriors FC, GW
10 Thunderers
10 Thunderers
13 Hammerers FC, GW/Shield
9 Miners
1 Bolt Thrower
1 Bolt Thrower
1 Organ Gun
Total Roster Cost: 2248

Well back to basing......

0 comments:

Post a Comment