October 19, 2009

The Army Painter

While in Phoenix, AZ for the Wild West Shootout this past weekend I was able to meet up with some friends on Friday night at Empire Games during their Mercenary Market (flee market) and one of my friends mentioned to me a new product called "The Army Painter".

"The Army Painter" is basically a "dipping" method for painting your armies. The nice thing about TAP is that the base color sprays come in a lot of colors. With the new release of Skaven for Warhammer coming out in few weeks, I think this is going to be a quick way to get them done. TAP will be releasing a "Brown Fur" base color right around the same time.

Here a re a few pictures on the procedures.

Step 1: Primer with Base Color


Step 2: Basecoat with Normal Colors


Step 3: Dip


Step 4: Matt Varnish


Step 5: Finish the Base of the Model


I have friends that use the "dupping" method all the time with the "Minwax" product, but I have never tried it before. I am really considering it for the Skaven. With that many models, I think this will save me a lot of time. If I decide to go this route, I will post pictures of the progress.

In case you are interested, you can purchase "The Army Painter" online at "The War Store".


0 comments:

Post a Comment