January 25, 2021

Weekly Chronicle 2021 #4

Week #3 was a pretty good week as we continue to roll into week #4 of 2021.

I am happy with what I finished for painting last week, I completed both of my 'Primaris Impulsors' I and II, and I also started on the next models for my Imperial Fists army, three 'Primaris Invader ATVs'.  I am not sure if the 'Primaris Invader ATVs' will get done this week (depends on how the evenings go for me), if not, then they will be posted next week to kick off February.

Gaming was also a pretty decent weekend with three games played.  On Saturday we kicked off the day with our first game of X-Wing for the year.  While in AZ for the holiday's, my son picked me up a "Jango Fett's Slave I Expansion" for the Separatist Alliance and I wanted to give it a fly.  I flew him with 2 Drones and a Sith Infiltrator vs Han/Luke and another T-65.


Once I was able to shut down Luke Skywalker and the T-65, my Separatist Alliance managed to hold off for the win with only losing my Sith Infiltrator.  Jango Fett was kitted with the recommendation out of the box since I did not have much time to really look into the model, and I am unsure if I would use that setup again, I need to research other Hyperspace options for him.

Following our game of X-Wing, we threw down for our second game of Blitz Bowl for the year.  Just for ease of getting everything ready, we played with the models in the box, my son running the Humans and I played the Dwarves.  The Dwarves from the box have been undefeated up until this point.....the dice were not with me for this game and the game ended once the Humans outscored me by 10.

On Sunday we played our first 1000 points of Warhammer Age of Sigmar.  We played a Pitched Battle game which according to the Generals Handbook 2020, 1000/2000 point games of Pitched Battles are played on a 48"x72" board, but then there is a section on playing Meeting Engagement games of 1000 points on the new smaller size boards that Warhammer 40,000 uses, which for this would be 30"x44".  Since we were officially playing a Pitched Battle, we elected to play on the full 48"x72".


Last weekend when we first tried out a 500 point game (just to get familiar with the motions of the game) we played the first Battleplan from GHB20, so for this game we continued with the book and played the second Battleplan called "Total Conquest".


I was playing my new Kharadron Overlords vs my sons Stormcast Eternals and being a Battleplan that scored extra for the Objectives, I just did not have as many models that could hold them.  I think I killed just a bit more than he did, but the killing of models was not scoring the points.  I believe the final score was my Kharadron Overlords losing 24-10 to Stormcast Eternals.  The game was fun and different and I definitely need to rethink my battle plan.

Not sure what gaming will be happening this coming weekend.  This weekend is the 5th weekend of the month and it is an "open" weekend for us to play whatever we want, Usually the games we do not get to the rest of the year....so we will see.

Models Completed: 2
Games Played: 3

0 comments:

Post a Comment