January 12, 2021

AoS: Diving Into Age of Sigmar

I told myself many many years ago I would not be getting in Age of Sigmar (AoS), but I also said the same thing about returning to Warhammer 40,000, and here I am.

Even before Games Workshop killed off the Old World in place of Age of Sigmar, the rank and file game of Warhammer Fantasy started to die off for me, there were plenty of other games out there that were getting my attraction.

As I mentioned on the first of the year in my "What's in store for 2021" post, I had thoughts about getting into Age of Sigmar, been thinking about for a few weeks.  I really do like the game play of Warhammer 40,000 (since the removal of tables/charts) and Age of Sigmar plays just like that, plus it seems like there are less models in an Age of Sigmar army than there was in a Warhammer Fantasy army (and most of your models are actually being used, just not sitting in ranks).

Sign Me Up!

I always enjoyed playing Dwarves in Warhammer Fantasy, I just really like the look of their models, stunty fellows in armour, so if I was getting into Age of Sigmar, I'd want to play Dwarves.

In Age of Sigmar, that leaves with me really with two options "Dispossessed" from the "Cities of Sigmar" Battletome and "Kharadron Overlords" a new faction in Age of Sigmar.  "Dispossessed" are more like the dwarves of old and "Kharadron Overlords" are dwarves in flying machines....oh!

If I was going to be playing in a new game, I thought I better go with a faction that was created for ge of Sigmar instead of a carry over from Warhammer Fantasy, so I chose the "Kharadron Overlords".

Now it was time to start purchasing some models.  I built lists for 500/1000/2000 points all based from the Start Collecting box and then expanded on that box, with another Start Collecting Box, 2 Warcry boxes (better deal for the models I needed) and an Endrinmaster with Dirigible Suit.  I still need some more models (especially an Ironclad) to get to 2000 points, but I have plenty now for my 500/1000 point lists.


My plan is to get one of the Start Collecting boxes assembled by this weekend (which is 500 points) and hopefully get in our first game of Age of Sigmar, then I'll continue building to my 1000 point list.

Painting is another story, right now I am in no rush to get them completed, playing the game unpainted at home I am fine with.  In September at the NOVA Open, they may be running the Age of Sigmar Doubles event (1000 points per player) and the thought of playing in this event has come to mind.  First we really need to see if we like Age of Sigmar, then comes the painting, and painting these guys will take some time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment