January 18, 2021

Weekly Chronicle 2021 #3

This past week was pretty busy assembling models for my new Warhammer Age of Sigmar "Kharadron Overlords", I wanted to have at least 500 points ready for the weekend (and then some).

I did manage to get 2 models completed and posted to the site, but that was for DC Universe Miniature Game with 'Krypto' and 'Steel', but at least some painting was completed.

For gaming, on Saturday we got to test out our new 500 points for AoS with a Pitched Battle mission from General's Handbook 2020.  With 500 points, honestly it is not enough models to really play the game, like in Warhammer 40,000, the missions are pretty heavily based on holding Objectives, there are just not enough Units in 500 points, luckily the first mission in the book only had 2 Objectives.  At the end of Round 5, we each had 1 Objective, and like in W40K with Secondary Objectives, there are Auxiliary Objectives in AOS (2 per player), the game came down to who completed the most Auxiliary Objectives, and my flying Dwarves only managed 1 while Stormcast Eternals managed both, my Dwarves suffered a Minor Loss.

Sunday was suppose to be a game of Blood Bowl 7's, but I was busy in the morning and early afternoon assembling more Kharadron Overlords to get me up to 1000 points, that instead we played a game of Blitz Bowl in the late afternoon, my Skaven vs Wood Elves.  This was a close game game, but I managed to "squeak" out a victory winning 18-16.

For this coming week I should have some Warhammer 40,000 models being posted (for now W40K is still a high priority to paint) and I "may" start prepping some "Mirkwood Rangers" for the painting table (now that I have paints for them).  I have like 36 Warrior models I need to paint for my MeSBG list, and I know I still have some time with them, but I'd rather not wait till the last minute.  While they are on the painting table, I may have to "proxy" them in some test games.  Plus once I can get these completed, then I can start adding my Kharadron Overlords to the painting table.

Gaming this coming weekend will probably see some X-Wing action on Saturday and possibly 1000 points of AoS or Blood Bowl on Sunday.

Models Completed: 2
Games Played: 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment