December 9, 2019

Weekly Chronicle 2019 #49 (AdeptiCon Registration Is Open)

As the title of the blog states, registration for AdeptiCon is now OPEN! but first a quick recap of the following week.

My son and I were able to get in a small 500 point game of Warhammer 40K in yesterday afternoon, just for the sake of time, for now we are keeping the points really low and just trying out different Units we do not play often along with HQ's.  Yesterdays practice was to see how Librarians work in the game along with the Psychic Phase (too be honest, I kind of like my Librarian).  My Imperial Fists were able to get the victory mainly due in part to one lone Primaris Intercessor surviving Assaults from a Salamander Tactical Squad, the Salamanders had some pretty bad dice rolls and I was able to make my Saves.  My Librarian helped in eliminating some of the Salamanders from afar.

Painting was really good last week also with 2 Units of 'Scouts with Sniper Rifles' completed, as of now both of these Units are needed in my 1500 Points list which will be needed for AdeptiCon.

Yesterday afternoon at 2:00 PM EST, registration for AdeptiCon 2020 opened to the public and I was ready and waiting at my PC.  I have a friend and is adult son back in Illinois who are starting up Warhammer 40K and we thought if the four of us all played in the Warhammer 40K Team Tournament, the marquee event at AdeptiCon.  Even though they did increase the number of teams allowed to register this year to 150, I knew it would be a ticket that may sell out quickly.

When registering for AdeptiCon, the best plan of attack is the add the Weekend Badge (mandatory) to your cart, and then the event that you most want to play in and proceed to checkout, a lot of people spend time adding everything and then when they checkout, some of their events have already sold out.  I added my badge and the Team Tournament and proceeded to checkout without any issues.  Once I received confirmation of my order, I then decided to go back and see if the Warhammer 40K Friendly was still available (another event that sells out quickly) and there were still 79 spots available.  I wanted to have a little bit of time to check out the Vendor Hall at the Con (I need to work on Thursday) but I went ahead and added the Friendly to my registration (I can go downstairs during lunch on Thursday and shop), and I was able to get the event.  Good thing, shortly after I checked out, the Friendly sold out.



The Warhammer 40K Team Tournament is 4 players playing with a 1000 point list (playing with 2 players / 2000 points), and the Warhammer 40K Friendly is a 1500 point list (hence the 2 Units of Scouts I completed last week).

So it looks like AdeptiCon 2020 will be a weekend filled of Warhammer 40K for me.


0 comments:

Post a Comment