February 11, 2014

Bolt Action: Soviet Union 'T-34/85 Tank 101'

Well technically I have now completed my 1000 points for my Soviet Union army for Bolt Action.  I do still have 4 Riflemen that I need to assemble/paint once they arrive from the UK as part of my army special rule "Quantity Has A quality All Of Its Own" that allows me a 'free' twelve-man strong Rifle Squad of Inexperienced infantry equipped with all the options available to them.

Besides finishing that squad, the last item on my plate was my Soviet T-34/85 Tank.  As I mentioned in my 'Daily Chronicle' the other day, I went out and purchased a new Iwata airbrush for the purpose of base coating my vehicles.  This past Saturday I got to use that airbrush for the first time and applied the base on my tank and last night decided to finish up the rest of it.  I was also contemplating if I wanted to airbrush the 'wash' once completed, or brush it in.  Since it was already late a night (after watching two episodes of 'Band of Brothers'), I elected to brush on the wash.  Today I applied the Soviet Red Star decal and the dull coat.

Soviet Union: T-34/85 Tank 101
Soviet Union: T-34/85 Tank 101
Soviet Union: T-34/85 Tank 101
Soviet Union: T-34/85 Tank 101
Since I am ahead of schedule on getting my army completed in time for the Gathering in the Desert event, I may elect now to build a few more infantry and swap some of the options I have chosen.

Painting Points: 10

0 comments:

Post a Comment