June 15, 2020

Weekly Chronicle 2020 #24 (Buckeye Battles 2020 Announced)

We are almost half way through 2020 and what a weird year it has been.  COVID-19 and BLM has really changed up our plans for conventions this year.  The two biggest events we were planning to attend, AdeptiCon and NOVA Open were both cancelled.

Yesterday afternoon while playing a 1000 point Warhammer 40,000 game with my son (see below), I did a quick check on Facebook and I noticed in one of my Groups that someone shared a Warhammer 40,000 ITC GT event for July 18th called the "Buckeye Battles".  Being from the Midwest, I know what "buckeye" refers too which is the state of Ohio, and back long ago from my Warhammer Fantasy days I have heard of the "Buckeye Battles" which is a long running event.  I decided to take a look at the event description and noticed it was being held at the Game Room in Toledo, OH (I have been there a few years ago for a Warmachine event, and the space is really big).  "Buckeye Battles" 40K GT will be an 1850 point ITC rules and the cost of registration is only $30.  When I saw it was being held at the Game Room which is just a little over 2.5 hours for us, my son and I talked about if we wanted to go.  Seeing how everything was cancelled until at least the Renegade Open in November, we decided to go ahead and sign up for the event.  More than likely it will also be one last hurrah! for 8th Edition and 9th will be coming ou shortly after.  So now we have a month to prep our lists and get in some 1850 practice.

Week #24 was not a bad week either for me hobby/gaming wise.  'Captain Lysander' was finally completed for my Imperial Fists and we did manage to get in a 1000 point ITC game yesterday afternoon.  It was my Imperial Fists vs Dark Angels and it was a pretty tight battle.  Final outcome was 23-15 in favor of my Imperial Fists.  I got to try out a 'Thunderfire Cannon' for the first time and I a still unsure yet about it, especially with the recent change in Doctrines, it is a little less effective.




Not sure what my plans are for this coming week, I have some re-basing to do on a couple models fro my sons Dark Angels, and my decide to start on the 'Thunderfire Cannon' in case I elect to use it for the "Buckeye Battles".

0 comments:

Post a Comment