June 30, 2020

W40K: Combat Patrol 9th Edition

Last week the Warhammer Community team wrote an article on "Combat Patrol" for Warhammer 40K 9th Edition that is releasing next month.  I always love smaller point games so they can be played quicker and "Combat Patrol" does just that.

What is Combat Patrol?

This is the new way to play small games of Warhammer 40,000. It’s for armies of a combined total Power Level of 50 (or around 25 power each, can also be played 500 points each). Each player will get 3CP each to start the game with and an additional 1CP each turn, and Combat Patrols are played on a battlefield of at least 44” x 30” – meaning that you can easily play Warhammer 40,000 on a dining table (or a school desk or almost anywhere)! If you’re a Kill Team fan, this board size is the same as two Kill Zones combined – very compact!



With the minimum size gaming boards changing in 9th Edition, as stated above, "Combat Patrol" is meant to be played on a 44"x30" battlefield.  A few months ago I purchased a 22"x30" Kill Team mat from Tablewar (double sided) and I thought now would be a perfect time to order an identical one so they can be placed side by side. My mat came in just in time for 9th Edition.... honestly I was hoping that the streets would have lined up better, but oh well, it still works.



Since I enjoy trying/playing with new armies, "Combat Patrol" at 500 points allow me just that, so unless we are practicing for an upcoming event, I see a lot of these games played in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment