February 2, 2011

WM: Protectorate High Allegiant Amon Ad-Raza (Warcaster)

Last Saturday my son received a 'steal' of a deal at our local game store (Empire Games).  About every three months that hold what is called a 'Mercenary Market', individuals can come in and sell any wargaming items that they want.  The store handles all the transactions and at the end of the day, the seller receives a store gift card for the total amount they sold.  No fee's for table space, only drawback is that you receive store credit.

Anyways, we were there getting a game in and the 'Mercenary Market' was going on and we saw a table with some Protectorate of Menoth.  He had the following items for sale:

Forces of Warmachine The Protectorate of Menoth (HC)
High Allegiant Amon Ad-Raza (Warcaster)
Vanquisher (plastic) (Warjack)
The Wrack (Solo)
High Paladin Vilmon (Solo)
Paladin of the Order of the Wall (Solo)
All for $47.00  I asked my son if he wanted it (he would be paying for it) and he said "yea".

So now he has a pretty decent 25 point army he can run.  He'll eventually work on getting them up to 35 points.  I think a full Unit of Bastions is a must.

We fast-forward to this past Monday night and we are back at Empire Games for 'League Night'.  The first game I played a 'Mangled Metal' scenario against my son using his Cygnar again and he was using Menoth.  Cygnar took revenge and won this game.  My son's second game he played his Cygnar force and a friend of ours (Ian) asked he if could try the Menoth force.  They played a 25 point game and Menoth came away victorious.

During that game another friend of ours (Rob, who now took over the 'gaming forums' here is Arizona) was making fun of me that there was unpainted Menoth models on the table (all in Jest)(he knows I prefer to play with painted miniatures and he has been following my progress on this blog).

So I have to start doing something about it.  I am probably going to dedicate most of this month getting the Protectorate of Menoth army painted.  I'll throw in a few other models just so I do not get bored.

I had already started on some "Kossite Woodsmen" for my Khador army this week (hopefully they will be done in a few days), but last night before dinner I decided to start on High Allegiant Amon Ad-Raza for the Menoth army.  When dinner was over with, I went back to the painting table and finished him up.

I also was able to 'prime' the "Vanquisher" (he may be next).
Thanks for the 'push' Rob.

I present you with the Protectorate of Menoth Warcaster: "High Allegiant Amon Ad-Raza"

Amon Ad-Raza
Amon Ad-Raza
Amon Ad-Raza
Amon Ad-Raza
Painting Points: 1

0 comments:

Post a Comment