February 17, 2011

Daily Chronicle: 2/17/2011 'More Mercenaries'

Since I was out of town last week in Las Vegas for an extended Anniversary weekend, not much has been done on the modeling/painting front.  When we got back Saturday night, the next few days were spent playing catch-up games for our 'in-house' WM/H League and also getting in a few games for 'Shattered Grounds'.  For myself personally, I am playing 'Shattered Grounds' for the 'overall map' aspect of the campaign and not the 'in-store' coin.  I am enjoying the game for the game and the global outcome rather than trying to win a store coin.

Now that another weekend fast approaches, it is time to get some models prepped so we can get some painting done.

Protectorate of Menoth
I still have a lot more models I can paint for this army, but I think I will take a week off these guys and venture onto a new army.

Mercenaries (Talion Charter)
My son wanted a Mercenary army themed around "Captain Phinneus Shae" so he came up with following 15 point list that he would like to try out.

Captain Phinneus Shae (*6pts)
* Mangler (8pts)
* Nomad (6pts)
Sea Dog Crew (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
Doc Killingsworth (2pts)
First Mate Hawk (2pts)


Shae's 'Tier' brings down the cost of the Solo's to 1 point so this list is right at 15 points.

We purchased the models when I got back from Las Vegas and I quickly assembled them.  Shae, Doc and Hawk are all set to hit the painting table.  Since I enjoy painting Warcasters and Solo's I will tackle these three first.  An added bonus for painting the two Solo's is that it will earn us a 'Commendation' stamp in the 'Shattered Grounds' campaign.

Once these three are done then it will probably be back to Menoth for awhile.

0 comments:

Post a Comment