July 21, 2010

LoTR: Morannon Orcs

[caption id="attachment_407" align="alignleft" width="50" caption="Mordor"][/caption]

As mentioned earlier today in my "Daily Chronicle" I decided to break out some of my Lord of the Rings models and start painting these.  For some reason this past week I had the urge to re-open my War of the Ring rulebook.  I only played 1 or 2 demo games early on, but I think I may give it another shot for some fun/friendly games.

When War of the Ring first came out last year I purchased a box of Morannon Orcs, got them assembled and played the 'Quick Start Rules' for WotR with them.  Since then they have been sitting in the box.  Well the other day I broke the box open and got the models primed.  There are 24 models in the box (LotR is still the best value of all the Games Workshop games) and I decided to start on 6 of them to get a feel for the color scheme.  These guys were painted really really fast.  They are Orcs and I wanted to keep them looking dirty.

Here are the first 6 Morannon Orcs:

[caption id="attachment_404" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Morannon Orcs"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_405" align="aligncenter" width="285" caption="Morannon Orcs"][/caption]

Our vacation starts this weekend, so I'm not sure how many more will be done beforehand.  I'm hoping to get at least another 6 painted before we leave.  Then when we get back, we'll play-test WotR again.

Painting Points: 6

0 comments:

Post a Comment