February 15, 2015

Battle Report: W40K 2/14/2015

The second game played on Valentine's weekend was Warhammer 40K. My son and I along with our friend Gyan just started a map based campaign to get us back into Warhammer 40K and play some friendly games. I have placed the rules and maps on www.adeptusarizona.com if you would like to follow along.
 
We started the Campaign this past Friday night, and we are currently on Turn 4. My fleet 'D1' was approaching the planet 'Bosan' along with my sons fleet 'T1'. When two fleets invade the same planet, a game is played on the table top and the winner will then control that planet.
 
So we rolled for mission and deployment as per the rules in the Warhammer 40K rulebook.
 
Planet: Bosan
Points: 1500
Fleets: 'D1' Black Templars / 'T1' Dark Angels
Mission: Purge the Alien
Deployment: Vanguard Strike
 
I wanted to try out a new list for my Black Templars, so I had to proxy a Stormraven Gunship and borrow a Land Raider Crusader from my son's Salamanders army. I wanted to have two vehicles that my units can assault from. The problem with these two vehicles is that use a lot points.
 
Seeing how we rolled a mission that awards 1 Victory Point for each enemy unit killed, my son had plenty of vehicles/units in his list for me to kill.
 
I concentrated first on the easier Razorbacks to pick up points at fast as possible, then I was going to worry about the larger vehicles and units. That paid off for me as the two Razorbacks went down quite quickly.
 
Once the Stormraven Gunship arrived, it dropped of a Crusader Squad that assaulted a Devastator Squad and hovered to the rear of a Predator and elimintaing that tank.
 
While my Land Raider Crusdader was immobilized, it still managed to do 2 glancing shots and 1 pentrating shot on the Dark Angels Land Raider Crusader, then my Gunship hovered closer for the final penetrating shot with it's twin linked multi-meltas.
 
Combat was a different story. My one Crusader Squad easily took down the Devastor Squad, then got looked into combat with two Dark Angel Combat Squads. The Crusader Squad with my Emperor's Champion and Champlain were locked into combat for 3 Turns with Belial and his Terminators. Nothing was left of the Crusaders except the Emperor's Champion was still locked in a challenge with Belial at the end of the game. My Emperor's Champion did manage to get 1 wound on Belial.
 
The game ended at the end of Turn 5. My Black Templars had 8 Victory Points to the Dark Angels 3. The Black Templars now control the planet 'Bosan' and the Dark Angels fleet must retreat back to their home planet.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment