February 8, 2021

Weekly Chronicle 2021 #6 (Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report)

Well February is not turning out as well as January was in regards to getting models painted (I actually impressed myself in January) but I did spend some time during the week assembling more models for my Warhammer Age of Sigmar, Kharadron Overlords.

Without any events that are officially happening (besides the one that I wrote about last week), I really do not have much motivation at the time to complete anything, so right now I am painting what I feel like painting.  I know once registration opens for NOVA Open and we decide on the events we want to play in, I am sure I will have to get going to complete what I need to.

Gaming for the week was only one game of Warhammer 40,000 on Sunday.  With the new release of the Dark Angels Codex on Saturday, my son and I spent a good part of the day heading down to South Bend to our LGS so he could pick up his items, so we did not play anything on Saturday, but prepped the table for a 2000 point game on Sunday.

My son was playing the "new" Dark Angels and I was playing my Imperial Fists in the Strike Force mission called "Overrun"



I was the "Attacker" and my son was the "Defender" so he got to select his Deployment Zone and start deploying a Unit.  Once all Units were deployed we rolled for who would go first, and it was a first in a very long time that my son won the roll off to go first.

Once we started Round 1,  realized I probably did not deploy in the best way and I was probably to stretched out for my liking.  During the first Turn, I was only really scared of one Unit from the Dark Angels, my son was finally playing his new 'Hellblaster' Squad and they sure took advantage of first turn wiping out my Unit of three 'Centurions', the backbone of my army was gone right away and I knew it was going to be an uphill battle.

I still had a Unit of Four 'Eradicators' and I made sure to take revenge on the 'Hellblasters'.  I concentrated most of my fire power that was within reach of them and was able to eliminate that threat.  I also was able to eliminate a Unit that was holding an Objective which would then cost the Dark Angels 5 points in their net Command Phase.

The first few Rounds were pretty tight, but the shooting of the Imperial Fists slowly were dwindling down the Dark Angels and scoring Objectives for me.  By the end of Round 5, there were not many Dark Angel models left on the table (2) and my Imperial Fists got the victory 83-23.


At this moment I am really not sure what is in store for the upcoming week, I really do need to start prepping some MeSBG models, but MeSBG is up n the schedule for this weekend and I really do not like to play with models that I started prepping.  Maybe I will start getting their bases ready and do some priming right after our game.

Models Completed: 0
Games Played: 1

0 comments:

Post a Comment