February 1, 2021

Weekly Chronicle 2021 #5 (Warhammer Age of Sigmar / Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report)

It is already February 1st, and all I can say is WOW! what a January I had for painting.  I completed 66 Painting Points (grant it most of the points were in Vehicles) but models I had on my backlog were getting completed.

Last week saw me completed three 'Primaris Invader ATVs' for my Imperial Fists army which all I can say is that I am thrilled I finally got to them.  As of now there is not much more left on backlog for the Imperial Fists, yes I still have models I want to complete for them, but currently there is no "need" to get any of them done.

Gaming over the weekend was an "Open" weekend on our Schedule (meaning is was the 5th weekend of the month), usually this is left for games that do not see the table for most of the year, or for games that we are in the mood to play.  It turns out that our momentum currently lies with Warhammer Age of Sigmar and Warhammer 40,000 so we played a 1000 point game of each, AoS on Saturday and W40K on Sunday.

Warhammer AoS was a re-match of last weekends loss to the Stormcast Eternals with a slight change in my list for my Kharadron Overlords (increasing the size of one Unit while decreasing another).  The Battleplan that was next in line for us from the General's Handbook 2020 (skipping over the one that is played left to right) was "Starstrike".


My son did not lie this Battleplan at all, not knowing where the Objective markers will be, so it made for a very interesting First Round.


I finished deploying first, so that meant I got to choose who will go first/second for the First Round, I elected to go second to see what the Stormcast Eternals were going to do (especially with no Objectives).  They Ran some Units up to prepare for Round 2 and had no shooting that was in range.

I decided to change up my game plan after being decimated last week and I wanted to concentrate on eliminating one Unit t a time.  I basically flew my entire army to my left flank (and hope an Objective would come up there) and took care of the Stormcast that were on that flank.

Round 2 saw the first Objective get deployed and I was in luck as it came up on the flank I was on.  I stuck to my plan and slowly was picking off Units 1 by 1 and scoring Objective points.  By the end of Round 5 there were not many Stormcast Eternals left on the table and my Kharadron Overlords finally got a win 26-12.

Sunday was a 1000 point game of Warhammer 40,000.  Originally we were not going to play W40K this weekend (with my sons new Dark Angels Codex coming out next weekend) but I wanted to start testing some lists that I had made up for 1000 points (more on that tomorrow).  I told my son he should play his Salamanders since it has been awhile since they last saw the table, and now with 'Tactical Marines' being 2 Wounds each, they are not that bad.

We try to always play Missions from the "Grand Tournament 2020" book, so I rolled up the Mission "Forward Rush".  Playing left to right at 1000 points is not as big as of deal as for larger games, since the smaller mat fits nicely on my second 48"x48" table that sits in the middle of the room, so the mat can fit in any direction.

I did not have many Units in my list as you can see in the photo (there is one 5 man Squad of Intercessors in the top left building) but I sure did have some firepower.

I ended up winning the roll for First Turn, which I usually am happy to have and started shooting away and whittling down the Salamanders.  I played the game very smart, scoring my Objectives and eliminating chances for the Salamanders to score.  I lost my Unit of 'Intercessors' and one 'Centurion' model, while the Salamanders were wiped clean off the board earning a 73-26 victory for my Imperial Fists.  Both armies were fully painted which scored us 10 points each.


So what is in store for Week #5 and the start of February, unfortunately not very much.  I did not spend any time over the weekend prepping any models for painting, but instead kept on building models for my Kharadron Overlords.  I now have all the models I need for my first 2000 point list and still need to assemble 6 'Endrinriggers' and one 'Arknaut Ironclad' and they will then all be assembled.

Gaming this weekend is scheduled for Warhammer 40,000 on Saturday and Blood Bowl on Sunday, with the release of the Dark Angels Codex on Saturday, we are reversing the days, Blood Bowl actually has been a "miss" this year, but it may be played Saturday before heading down to our LGS to pick up the new Codex.

Come back tomorrow for some information on an upcoming event.

0 comments:

Post a Comment