February 15, 2021

Weekly Chronicle 2021 #7 (Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report)

I am still in a painting lull this month, but I have been slowly assembling some models when the time allows.  Currently I am working on building a 'Repulsor Executioner' for my Imperial Fists army, I hope to have it completed in the next few days and it hit may be hit with primer shortly there after.  It would be nice to get that model finished this month, considering it has been sitting in a box for over a year.  We shall see if it gets done, if I miss the mark for February, then it will be done at least in early March.

For gaming this past week, we only got in one game of Warhammer 40,000 on Saturday, my son was playing his Dark Angels, and I was playing (nope not Imperial Fists) but instead Dark Angels also, but a Deathwing Detachement.  My son picked up a Deathwing army from a friend in Arizona a few years ago and it was time to take it out of the bag, especially with the new Codex just released.

We played a 1000 point Incursion game and the mission was "Show Of Force".




Instead of coming in via Teleport, I elected to deploy all my 'Terminators', hence the majority of them hding behind Obscuring Ruins.

This was a very close game and an uphill battle for my Dark Angels, with the recent scoring update in the latest FAQ (player who goes second scores Objectives at the end of their Turn instead of the Command Phase) really saved/won the game for me.  I was able to Fallback a 'Dreadnought' in Turn 5 and get within 3" of an Objective and score it which then gave my Dark Angels control of more Objectives than my son and get the win, plus these Dark Angels were also fully painted which scored 10 points, without that, the game was a Draw.


It was fun playing a different army, but I sure missed my Imperial Fists in some of the situations.

For this coming weekend, still undecided on what we be playing, we were suppose to play MeSBG instead of W40K this past weekend and it has been a bit since we last played Warhammer Age of Sigmar.  More than likely we will play AoS on Saturday, and Sunday "may" be left for hobbying again (especially if I get my 'Repulsor Executioner' primed by then).

0 comments:

Post a Comment