August 17, 2020

Weekly Chronicle 2020 #33

Well this week was not too bad, I at least was able to get in a couple of games in over the weekend.  We might as well start with those today.  With my son working both days this past weekend and coming home in the afternoon, we (think mainly it was I) decided we will just do some 500 point Combat Patrol for Warhammer 40,000.

On Saturday we broke out the new "Open War" deck and randomly generated our game from the cards.  Playing the "Open War" cards is not as high scoring as playing Matched Played or GT2020 missions since the Objectives are usually not worth as many points and there are no Secondary Objectives, but it is a nice way to quickly get a game setup.  Both days I played my Imperial Fists, but on Saturday went with a slightly more assault list than my usual shooty lists.  It did not work out to well for me and I was cleared from the battlefield and lost 5-15.


Sunday was another 500 point Combat Patrol, but this time it was a Matched Play mission from the rulebook with Secondary Objectives.  At 500 points it is really tough to take the backbone of my army (my Centurions) so I had to make do with some of the smaller units.  This battle was tough and kept going back and forth.  I finally was able to the Dark Angels down to one Tactical Squad left, but he was still holding an Objective with a Banner on it.  Even though the below image shows that I lost 45-46, the finally tally was actually 46-48 in favor of the Dark Angels (we originally forgot to add the additional point per banner at the end of the game).


In regards to painting this week, well nothing was completed......but I did finally sit down and start adding some color to my 'Invictor Tactical Warsuit'.  A little bit hear and there and it will finally get completed, I would like to have it done for this weekend if possible, but we shall see.

Models Completed: 0
Games Played: 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment