July 6, 2020

Weekly Chronicle 2020 #27

We are now officially one week into the second half of 2020 and my painting has not really picked up that much, although this past weekend I did finally sit down at my painting table and will have something completed for this week.

Buckeye Battles is still scheduled for the weekend of 7/17-7/18 but sometime tomorrow the Governor of Ohio is suppose to announce the extension of mass gathering indefinitely and if that happens we will not be attending Buckeye Battles (hopefully we will be able to get a refund).

Warhammer 40,000 9th Edition is still keeping me excited.  Last week the "Core Rules" were made available for FREE and I printed out a hard copy for us to easily thumb thru.  Since as stated above, Buckeye Battles will more than likely be a "no go" my son and I decided to try out a Combat Patrol game of 9th Edition on Saturday.  For the most part at this point level it played very similar.  Obviously Command Points are handled differently and the Morale Phase (which neither of us failed, although close, so we did not see the full new rules of Morale in action).  Learning the new Terrain Traits will also take some getting used to, I like the fact that Terrain is explained better, but now I have to remember all that "better".


I am also working on a new score sheet to be used for the Eternal War Missions.  The ITC Tournament pack has a score sheet for their missions and since the new 9th Edition missions are similar, I am working on getting one completed and use this game as a test before I laminate ours.  The Secondary Objectives are hard to do since there are so many choices and each one earning different points, so the Secondaries will be more of  manual process.  Here is a pic from of my work in progress.


To wrap this up, a game of Extended X-Wing was also played Friday night to kick off the Holiday weekend and my Scum really did their job on the Rebels.  5 Kihraxz Fighters were able to take down Han, Luke and Wedge.

Models Completed: 0
Games Played: 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment