May 18, 2020

Weekly Chronicle 2020 #20 (NOVA Open/GenCon Update)

It was another pretty quiet week for me gaming/modeling wise, so nothing was really done.  This weekend will pick up a little bit, I am going to be taking Friday off from work so that way I can have an extended Holiday weekend, I am sure two of those days we'll get some games in.  It has been awhile since our last game of Warhammer 40,000, so I think a 2000 point game will be a must on Saturday, then we'll see what our second game is.

Currently for modeling I do not have the painting mojo yet (usually this kicks in when I have an event to get ready for) and I already have a lot of painted options for 2000 points of Imperial Fists.  Maybe I will use Friday to start prepping some Fists so that they will be ready for the painting table.

NOVA Open 2020 as on now is till scheduled for September 2nd-6th, but in this past weekends Newsletter that stated that by June 15th they will officially announce a "go/no go", so next month we should have more information,  Northern Virginia currently has not released any "reopening" plans for large gatherings and that is what they are waiting for.

Originally this year with AdeptiCon and NOVA Open, we had no plans for GenCon 2020 (since we attended Sunday last year for the Vendor Hall), but with the State of Indiana allowing large gatherings after July 4th, GenCon 2020 is still scheduled to go on.  Since I do not know the outcome of NOVA Open yet, I went ahead and purchased two Sunday badges again for this year. It is not to game in any events, but mainly to check out the Vendor Hall once again.  It is expensive price just to go shopping, but it may be nice to check out any new releases.


Models Completed: 0
Games Played: 0

0 comments:

Post a Comment