May 24, 2020

W40K: Warhammer 40,000 9th Edition Announced! and Battle Report

Yesterday morning Games Workshop held their "The BIG Warhammer 40,000 Preview Online" on Twitch.tv and the very first preview they showed was this video teaser along with their new logo on the left.


It was followed up by the official announcement of Warhammer 40,000 9th Edition, and I am really excited about this.  Although I got back in Warhammer 40,000 late in 8th Edition, the announcement of 9th seemed to have awoken me inside and get me excited for the game again, something that during this pandemic lock down and all the conventions being cancelled has dampened my mood for gaming.

Games Workshop claims that all current Codex's will still be valid and playable and this is just a cleanup of the rules with some changes.  No official date was announced when this be released but you can visit the new Warhammer 40,000 website and sign up for details.  From a former Games Workshop Manager (and now a store owner) his prediction is that it will be available for pre-order at the end of this month with a release of mid June in time for Games Workshops fiscal year.

For a look at all the previews that were announced yesterday for Warhammer 40,000 you can see it all on the Warhammer Community page HERE.

Once we were done watching the Preview it was time to get our armies prepared for battle as my son and I played an ITC 2000 point game of Imperial Fists vs Dark Angels.  My list was not as tough as it could of been, but my bread and butter Unit of 'Centurions' were in there and they wrecked havoc.

Through the first 3 Rounds of the game, the Dark Angels actually had a lead over my Imperial Fists, but by Round 4 I had thinned them down quite a bit and the tides were now shifting towards my Imperial Fists.  The game went till end of Round 6 and my Imperial Fists did manage to get the win.

I still have quite a few more models that need painting and assembling for the Imperial Fists to keep me busy for quite a while, now it will be to find some time to actually start painting again.  I think once the new rulebook gets released, or we have confirmation that NOVA Open or Renegade Open will still be on later this year, I will then get back into the painting mode.

0 comments:

Post a Comment