September 4, 2015

Battle Report: WM 9/2/2015 Khador vs Cygnar (Battlebox)

It has been roughly three years since I last played a game of Warmachine. Life gets in the way, and there were other games to be played. Recently my oldest son started replaying Warmachine with his RPG group and the little light bulb in my head turned on. As I mentioned the other day in my Daily Chronicle, a plus for me with playing Warmachine is the model count. I like low model count games (Skirmish) since they are quick to setup and cleanup.

This past Wednesday night my son and I hit up our lgs Empire Games for a quick refresher playing with just Battlebox models. This game was more about trying to remember the mechanics of the system rather than the tactics.

Player: Dean
Faction: Khador
Casters: 1/1
Points: 11/15
Kommander Sorscha (*5pts)
* Destroyer (9pts)
* Juggernaut (7pts)

Player: Dragi
Faction: Cygnar
Casters: 1/1
Points: 11/15
Commander Coleman Stryker (*6pts)
* Charger (4pts)
* Lancer (6pts)
* Ironclad (7pts)
I broke out my Khador army for this game and my son was playing his Cygnar army. Basically it was a walk them up the middle of the battlefield, get some shooting in, and get some melee in. The refresher was really good for me. My goal was not to keep away and be very tactiful, just needed to see how everything worked again.
 
Sorscha ended up getting shot to death, but we continued to play on. An onlooker offered a suggestion on how Sorcha could assassinate Stryker, so I gave it a shot and it worked. Stryker went down. Again we continued to play just not allowing spells from our Warcasters, just the ability to desiginate Focus.
 
After a few turns of melee, the Khador jacks finished off the Cygnar jacks. Mechanics started coming back to me and it was good to get this game in.
We'll be playing a few more games this Saturday, hopefullt some of the tactics will also start coming back to me too.
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment