August 11, 2010

LoTR: Easterling Warrior Sample

[caption id="attachment_422" align="alignleft" width="58" caption="Fallen Realms"][/caption]

Now that my Morannon Orcs are done, it was time to move on to painting a new army for Gathering in the Desert 2011.  I decided I wanted go with an Easterling army.  I had purchased 2 of the army boxes a few years ago at Games Day, it was time to finally start painting them.  At the same time I am also working on my WotR army "Fallen Realms".  The nice thing about LoTR SBG models is, it can be used for two games.  As I mentioned the other day, this army is what I am shooting for to complete.  I also have a two backup lists I can go with if this army does not get completed in time.

With the Easterlings, I've been debateing if I am going to wash the models with Games Workshop wash, or dip the models with Min-wax.  The Orcs I wanted to look "dirty" so I went with the "dip" method.  This army I was unsure about, so I painted a test model.  For the test model, I decided to go with the GW wash "Devlan Mud" (they use this wash as an example in the WoTR rulebook).  After I applied the wash, I went back over the model with some "Chainmail" highlights over the "Gold".  The benefit of using the wash over the dip is, I do not have to wait 24 hours to finish up the model.  The wash dries much quicker and I can move onto finishing the bases then.  I was quite happy on the sample model, that I decided that I will finish the army using the washes.

Below is my test model I used.  Obviously the base is not done yet, nor has the matte spray been applied.

[caption id="attachment_445" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Easterling Warrior"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_446" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Easterling Warrior"][/caption]

0 comments:

Post a Comment