January 1, 2022

What's in store for 2022!

Happy New Year 2022!

Well, today is the day I write out all my goals for the year only to find out on December 31st that I fell short once again.

So I think for 2022 I am going to keep it short and realistic (and I have said that before too), but I am serious now....


This list will be much shorter than last years, and if by chance I do play something not on the list, well then that will be a bonus.

Middle-earth SBG

MeSBG is only making the list because there is a small chance I may be playing in the Doubles event at AdeptiCon if our first two choices for events get sold out.  If that is the case, I will have to get some painting done and a few games in for a refresher.

Painting Goal:  This one is hard to say, as stated above, if we play in the Doubles, I'll have to finish an army in time.

Gaming Goal:  Also as above, a few games of practice will be needed, in either case, I think maybe I can get in 1-2 games in for the year.

Warhammer 40,000

Warhammer 40,000 will be the bulk of 2022 for me.  Between adding on more Units to my new Necron army, and new Codex's coming out for armies I already have to attending tournaments, all my time will be mainly spent here.

Painting Goal: In all honestly, I think for the first time I do not have a painting goal.  I would have said my Necron army, but this past Fall I managed to paint over 2000 Points of Necrons, so 2022 will be adding to that army.  I also have a Chaos Space Marines, and a Tyranid army on the back burner that are waiting for a new Codex, so we shall see who gets a Codex first and that army probably will hit the painting table next.

Gaming Goal: Last year I had a goal of 24 games and I hit it with 29 games played and I think 24 games will be another realist goal to hit.  I do think that with events somewhat opening back up, this number should be easily attained.

X-Wing

X-Wing is a great game that can be played in 75 minutes, so it always seems to make the list for the New Year.

Painting Goal: Not Applicable (pre-painted miniatures)

Gaming Goal: I had a goal of 6 games for 2021 and I fell way short with only 1 game played.  An updated version (v2.5) will be coming out early 2022 so I know we will play a few games to try out the updated rules.  So for 2022, I think I will set my goal to 5 games.

New Games for 2022?

NONE....  I have too many games already sitting on the shelf.  Warhammer Age of Sigmar did not make the above list and we do have plenty of models for the game now, so if its played, as originally stated way above, it will be a plus.

Events

COVID has really messed up 2020 and most of 2021 for attending events, 2022 has more events scheduled but there seems to always be a new variant coming out, so events are always risky at the moment.

We do have quite a few events planned out so far for 2022:

  • January 28th - 30th: Las Vegas Open
  • March 23rd - 27th: AdeptiCon
  • May 13th-15th: Motor City Mayhem
  • August 7th - 14th: Cruisehammer
  • September 30th - October 2nd: Michigan GT 
If we can make those 5 events, it will be a good year.

As I originally said, it is a pretty short list for 2022 because most of my time will be on Warhammer 40,000.

0 comments:

Post a Comment