January 31, 2022

Weekly Chronicle #5 Las Vegas Open 2022 Recap

Late last night my son and I came back to AZ after spending the weekend in Las Vegas for the Las Vegas Open 2022.

We were attending LVO for the Warhammer 40,000 Friendly event which was taking place on Saturday and Sunday (2 games on each day).  Well for me, it was only 2 games on Saturday.  My plan/intent was to play both days, but after checking into the event on Saturday, some of the lists were not so "friendly" and I knew my "fluffy all bolter themed" list had no chance.





I kept my 2 games pretty close, but ended up losing both of them.  My son was playing his Dark Angels, and he managed to go 1-1 on both days for a 2-2 overall record.  For some reason Best Coast Pairings is not showing the correct data, so we do not know where he finished overall.

I mainly attend events for the ambiance anyways, and the vendor shopping, and boy did we buy a lot, and it was mainly for our new game Marvel Crisis Protocol, I cannot even remember how many models we purchased, seems like every time we walked into the vendor hall, we came out with another model (there was a good deal going on, 25% off).  My son also did find me a Chronomancer model for my Necron army that I have been looking for awhile, so I was really happy.

The dining is another reason I like to attend these events, especially in Las Vegas.  For Friday night I had made us reservations at Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen, and then while having dinner there, I managed to get us a reservation for Saturday night at his Pub & Grill, so the dinners were very expensive, but I do not gamble much, so it all evens out.

Below are some pictures throughout the weekend.


















0 comments:

Post a Comment