October 28, 2021

W40K: Necrons 'Canoptek Scarab Swarms I'

The Necrons have officially hit the painting table, actually a little bit sooner than I had originally expected, but I was anxious to get started on them.

In case you did not read it earlier in the week, when we purchased 9th Edition Warhammer 40,000 Indomitus, we were left with one half of a Necron army, well at the Michigan GT a few weeks back, I played against a Necron army and thought they were pretty cool, so before leaving I picked up the new Codex and Datacards, and then me being me when we got home, ordered enough models for a 1500 Point list.

I am all for playing with painted armies as much as possible, and I am just fine with table top quality models, so in order to get the Necrons completed in a reasonable time, I had to come up with a painting scheme that would not take too long, yet looks cool to me, I think I did that with this army with a darker metal and some highlights along with red mixed in for weapons and other areas.

This is also the first time in a long time that I strayed away from my normal standard of painting my bases to match all my armies and with the urban concrete look for the Necrons (and I do like how they came out).

Well without further adieu, the first Unit completed for my Necrons is a 'Canoptek Scarab Swarms'.

Canoptek Scarab Swarms I

Painting Points: 6

0 comments:

Post a Comment