December 14, 2020

Weekly Chronicle 2020 #50 (X-Wing, Blood Bowl, MeSBG)

I am going to have to say that this past week was not that bad.  I did not get a lot painted, but I did at least sit down and paint and complete a model, 'Durin' for MeSBG.

Then for gaming, we played three games over the weekend.  We started Saturday off with a game of X-Wing, recently there was another points update for X-Wing along with which ships are Hyperspace legal, and most of my Scum ships were removed, so we elected to play an Extended game.  It was nice to finally bring out some of the older Scum ships as I sure missed them.  Scum took the win over the Rebels wiping them out and only 1/2 damage to a Kihraxz Fighter.


When we finished with X-Wing, we laid out our new Blood Bowl Pitch for our first game of Blood Bowl 7's.  We are planning on starting a small League (in-house) after the New Year playing 7's, so this was more of an exhibition game to see how it plays.  With the smaller Pitch and less models, the game does the play faster and the greater chances of scoring.  My Skaven defeated the Humans 4-1 in this game, although I dd forever lose one of my Skaven rats forever to Death.

On Sunday it was time to break out the models for a game of MeSBG.  It has been a long time since I last played this year (9 months) so I was a bit rusty again with the rules.  Since I recently finished 'Durin', I broke out my Dwarfs of Khazad-Dum vs some Men of Gondor for a 700 point game (and we were both Hero heavy in this game).


We played Scenario 4 from the Tournament Pack which was basically kill as many models as you can and hope to survive.  You keep tally of the number of Wounds and awarded Victory Points at the end of the game.  Once a force becomes Broken, you roll a D6 and on a 1-2 the game ends, or it may continue for another Turn.


The dice were not in favor for the Men of Gondor and much better for the Dwarfs (the 6's just kept on coming).  The Dwarfs had Broken Gondor and were up 22 Wounds to 12 and then the game ended on another roll of 1 from Gondor.  I did not tally more than double the Wounds, so I scored 3 Victory Points for that, 1 Victory Point for causing a Wound on 'Aragorn' and an additional 3 Victory Points for not being Broken myself.  Khazad-Dum were able to keep the stronghold and their gold secure.

Just like with Blood Bowl, after the New Year, the plan is to try and play MeSBG at least once a month.  I have some new models on order with Games Workshop (taking a long time to ship) so I hope to change up the armies a bit through out the year.

Well this past weekend was probably the end of gaming for me in 2020.  My son is off to AZ tomorrow till after the New Year and more than likely I will not be going to our LGS for any gaming, but I do plan on assembling some models while he is gone and hopefully get some painting completed.

Models Completed: 1
Games Played: 3

0 comments:

Post a Comment