January 22, 2013

Daily Chronicle: 1/22/2013 'Back Into Games Workshop'

8 months since my last post, and roughly 2.5 years since I last played Warhammer 40K, but last week a friend of mine started to spark interest for me back into the game.  Now it was time to go into storage, dig the armies out and see what we have left.  About the time I left Warhammer 40K, I had sold off a bunch of my armies to help pay for another hobby of mine, but I did decide to keep a few around.

Turns out I ended up keeping my Imperial Guard army, Black Templars, and my very first Dark Angels army.  I also did hold on to the start of the Blood Angels army (but I did not really have much progress on them).  With the new Dark Angels Codex just being released, and with my son really being into that army, I decided to give him that army to already add to his Dark Angels army.  So that leaves me with Imperial Guard and Black Templars.  Looks like I'll have to start and collect some more new armies.

For now I think I will expand a little bit with my Imperial Guard, and possibly add a few vehicles to my Black Templars.

With the release of the new 6th edition last year, it was now time to learn the rules all over again.  This past Sunday I had met up with my friend Gyan at Empire Games and we got to throw down 2 games of 1500 points.  We spent most of our time with our heads in the rulebook, but nonetheless it was still fun.

The first game I had played with my Mechanized Imperial Guard against his foot slogging Chaos Space  Marines, and I'm not sure how much fun he had since the Chaos Marines were tabled in Turn 5.  The second game I broke out my Black Templars so that both armies could get into assault and see how those new rules worked out.  This game went back and forth, and due to time we had to call it.  I believe the Chaos Marines had the slight advantage and would have gotten the win.

I have always liked the smaller point games over the larger ones due to time.  In this hobby I am more of Collector/Painter/Gamer, so I really enjoy the collecting of armies and getting them painted.  I will also be looking into playing some Combat Patrol games which are 400-500 points.  Gives me a chance to collect smaller armies to use for Combat Patrol, and possibly as allies for my existing army.

Time to get some models on the painting table.......

Imperial Guard vs Chaos Space Marines

0 comments:

Post a Comment