October 12, 2020

Weekly Chronicle 2020 #41 (New Codex Space Marine Test Game)

Still a pretty slow week modeling wise, but at least on Saturday afternoon we got in a game of Warhammer 40,000.  With the release of the new Space Marines Codex on Saturday, we drove down to our local LGS down in South Bend, IN and picked up a copy.  When we got back home we setup the table for a quick 1000 point "Open War" game.

I got lucky pretty lucky and the Objective we pulled was basically to annihilate the opponent, no Objective Markers... I was OK with that as it gave me a chance to see how much my shooting got nerfed.

My Imperial SteelFists (yea, I thought of a new name based on my color scheme) did get the win by like 300 points, but the core of my army, my 'Centurions' really got hit pretty hard (and went up in points).  They honestly did not do too much damage before they were taken out in Assault.  The MVP unit of the game were probably a 3 man Unit of 'Eradicators'.

More testing is going to be needed, but I have a feeling it will become 'Eradicators' as the new core of my army, we shall see.

To add to that, I did pick up 3 boxes of new 'Primaris Invader ATV' while we were at the LGS.  I was thinking about making them all Melta based, but I may leave the gun un-glued (I hear it is easily swappable) in case I decide to ever run the Gatling gun.  The Meltas would really help with my Turn 1 Doctrines, so for now I am leaning toward that build.  My goal is to get them quickly assembled so I can see how they do on the tabletop.

Models Completed: 0
Games Played: 1



0 comments:

Post a Comment