March 27, 2023

Daily Chronicle: AdeptiCon 2023 Recap

Adepticon 2023 has now come and gone and I had a good time.  I managed to play 8 games over 3 days, and had time to do some vendor hall shopping and meet up with some old friends, for me that is what AdeptiCon is about.

We played Marvel Crisis Protocol all weekend (Thursday/Friday/Saturday) and the nice thing about MCP events is, if you are no longer in the running, you can easily drop out of the event to go and do other things at the convention, and that is what I did.  I am not a competitive player as I go for the comraderie.

Thursday started with the Affiliations tournament and I played one of the smallest affiliations with my "Winter Guard".  I ended up going 0-3, but they were all fun games.  There were still 2 more games left in the event, but we went to start our shopping and get some dinner.

Friday was the 2v2 Team tournament, and game #1 they put us on table #1 streaming to all the viewers.  It was a tight close battle, but we lost by 1 point, 10-11.  Games #2 was better for us and we managed a win in the event.  Game #3 was another tight battle and lost by 1 point again, but it was really fun, all 3 games we had great time and left after going 1-2.  It was going to be a long night as there were still 2 more games, so we headed out to complete some final shopping and dinner.

Saturday was Championship day and one last hoorah for my "Age of Ultron" roster.  Game #1 did not start off to good for me, my opponent was nice, but you can tell right away these guys were serious for this event.  The super fast play and not much chit chat was not that enjoyable.  Game #2 was much better as I had a great opponent and we had a good time.  I had the early lead in this game, but then fell apart and got another loss, going 0-2.  Only the Top 8 were advancing to Sunday, and you needed a 4-0 record to advance.  So with 2 loses, it was my final day for last minute shopping.

After my son was done (who played all 4 games), we headed out to Buona Beef for dinner and then went back to the hotel and packed our bags and headed back home.

The one good thing about this years shopping was, I managed to control myself and kept my purchases to the essentials and did not walk away with a new game (like I usually do), but it was tempting.

Here is a photo dump from the weekend.















0 comments:

Post a Comment