January 24, 2022

Weekly Chronicle #4: Marvel Crisis Protocol

Back on January 1st (just a few weeks ago, in my "What's in store for 2022!", I had wrote for New Games in 2022, "NONE", well that did not last long.

While spending a week away at Universal Studios Florida and the whole week just at their parks and a lot of time in Marvel Land, the game Marvel Crisis Protocol started to get in my head.  On top of that, then one night after the park closed, I finally went and saw the new Spider-Man movie, No Way Home, and that really sealed the deal for me.

I first wrote about Marvel Crisis Protocol back in 2019 when the game was first coming out, and we were unsure if we would be purchasing it at that time with all the other games we played, well most of the other games have really hit the back burner and we mainly just play Warhammer 40,000 most of the time (which is fine, but every now and then it is nice to throw down a different game).

Late last week I decided to place an order for the Core Box (I had $20 in a free pre-paid card) so the game only costed me another $60.




The box arrived this past Saturday, and right away I went to assembling miniatures so we can do a walk through game on Sunday.  Unfortunately the miniatures took a bit more time than I had thought to put together (I do not think I will complain about putting together another Games Workshop miniature again) and I was only able to finish 8 models (4 and 4) instead of all 10.

Sunday came and we did our first walk through game, and I really liked it a lot, it sort of reminded me of when we played 2nd edition Batman Miniature Game (we never purchased into 3rd edition with all the changes they did).  The one thing that I do not like about the game is that you do not get any Victory Points for Knocking Out models.  I do with that this would be at least 1 Point.  My Squad of Red Skull, Back Widow, Ultron and Spider-Man did edge out the win 16-14.

Marvel Crisis Protocol will not be our new game that replaces Warhammer 40,000 (I have too much invested in Warhammer 40,000 an it is still an easier game to purchase at our local gaming stores), but I do see MCP being played at least once a month.

We leave for the Las Vegas Open this Thursday and will be in Las Vegas on Friday, I am going to see if there are any more models I can pick up for this game while there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment