March 2, 2018

Battle Report: Hordes 3/1/2018 Minions vs Trollbloods (75 Points)

Last night I was able to get in another game of Warmachine/Hordes against my friend TJ and this time it was my time to host so TJ made the drive out.  Unfortunately I was so caught up in the game that I completely forgot to take any pictures during the game and did not realize it until TJ had half his army already packed away.

It was the debut of ‘Barnabas 2’ for me and for my friend, he was playing ‘Grim 1’.  I am still SUPER SLOW when it comes to deploying and playing the game.  I spent 8 minutes just in deploying because while I’m deploying I end up looking up rules for my models to see exactly what they do so I know where to place them.  I need to get better knowing each of my models.  Part of my problem is I am always changing up lists, models and casters that it is always a new learning experience for me.  I like the playstyle that ‘Barnabas 2’ has to offer, the beat stick Warlock, but he did not get to do too much of that last night.  He did take out a couple Trollkin Champions and score 2 CP’s for one of the Zones, but other than than he was held up from the “Feat” of ‘Grim 1’.

It was also the first time for my ‘Boneswarms’, ‘Kwaak’, ‘Boil Master’ and ‘Void Leechs’ so I had a lot of learning going on during the game.  Plus I was also playing with ‘Wrong Eye & Snapjaw’ which I do not do that often.  The only good thing I had going for me last night were my ‘Gatorman Posse’ and I felt very comfortable with them.  The ‘Gatorman Posse’ were able to take out a Unit of ‘Trollkin Raiders’ and a Unit of ‘Northkin Bear Handlers & Battle Bears’.  I am considering swapping out ‘Wrong Eye & Snapjaw’ for a third Unit of ‘Gatorman Posse’, but then I feel like my list would be lacking some hitting power with only have 1 ‘Blackhide Wrastler’.

I clocked out well before we were close to finishing the game, but we played it out so I could learn my models a bit more and my friend TJ is practicing for a Champions event at AdeptiCon.  We got down to Turn 4 and I ended up losing 7-2 in Control Points.


Scenario: Standoff






War Room Army

Minions - 75 Barnabas2 T MkII.2

Theme: The Blindwater Congregation
2 / 2 Free Cards     75 / 75 Army


Barnabas, Lord of Blood - WB: +23
-    Barnabas, Lord of Blood (Cont.)
-    Gatorman Soul Slave - PC: 0
-    Blackhide Wrastler - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
-    Boneswarm - PC: 7 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
-    Boneswarm - PC: 7

Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers - PC: 4
Wrong Eye - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw: 17
-    Snapjaw
Bone Shrine - PC: 2
Swamp Gobber Chef - PC: 1

Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers - Bokor & 9 Grunts: 10
Gatorman Posse (Blindwater) - Leader & 4 Grunts: 16
-    Void Leech - PC: 1
Gatorman Posse (Blindwater) - Leader & 4 Grunts: 16
-    Void Leech - PC: 1
Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron - Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron: 0


THEME: The Blindwater Congregation
---

War Room Army

Trollblood - Grim 1 SOTN

Theme: Storm of the North
3 / 3 Free Cards     75 / 75 Army


Grim Angus - WB: +29
-    Trollkin Runebearer - PC: 0
-    Troll Bouncer - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
-    Dire Troll Bomber - PC: 19 (Battlegroup Points Used: 19)

Fell Caller Hero - PC: 0
Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - PC: 5

Northkin Bear Handler & Battle Bears - Bear Handler & 2 Battle Bears: 10
Northkin Bear Handler & Battle Bears - Bear Handler & 2 Battle Bears: 10
Northkin Raiders - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
Trollkin Champions - Leader & 4 Grunts: 16
-    Skaldi Bonehammer - PC: 0
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes - Leader & 3 Grunts: 6
-    Northkin Elder - PC: 3
Croak Raiders - Leader & 5 Grunts: 10


THEME: Storm of the North
---



0 comments:

Post a Comment