February 10, 2018

AdeptiCon Warmachine/Hordes Team Tournament...Decisions

AdeptiCon 2018 is just under 40 days away and I am still deciding on what lists to play for my events (and actually what events...I have been changing my mind lately on what to play Friday and need to decide quickly).

On Saturday of AdeptiCon my son and I are playing in the Warmachine/Hordes Team Tournament.  It is 35 Points per player and you can mix Factions and game systems.

My son will be playing his Hordes Circle of Orboros army led by ‘Kromac 2’, and I cannot decide between playing my Hordes Minions or Warmachine Khador.  I thought I was set on playing my Minions (I do like the paint jobs much better on them and I like the actual models better), but with my Khador, I know them a little bit better, I can play them faster on the clock and I like the Warmachine Focus mechanic better also.

My problem with playing my Khador army is...I still would have to complete a 10 man Unit of ‘Winter Guard Rifle Corp’ and finish my ‘Decimator’ Warjack.  I just opened the box of ‘Rifle Corp’ and there is a bit to assemble, will probably take me most of today (with other errands also planned for the day).  My Minions list is all done.  Yes I still have Minions models to still assemble and paint, but none are “needed” for my list, if they get done then it just gives me more options for my Minions.

Here are the two lists I am debating about.

War Room Army

Khador - 35 Butcher 1 T MkIV.1 (2xJug/1xDec)

Theme: Winter Guard Kommand
1 / 1 Free Cards     35 / 35 Army


Orsus Zoktavir, The Butcher of Khardov - WJ: +28
-    Juggernaut - PC: 12 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)
-    Juggernaut - PC: 12 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)
-    Decimator - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 4)

Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich - PC: 4

Winter Guard Rifle Corps - Leader & 9 Grunts: 13
-    Winter Guard Rocketeer - PC: 2
-    Winter Guard Rocketeer - PC: 2
-    Winter Guard Rocketeer - PC: 2
Winter Guard Mortar Crew - Gunner & Grunt: 0


War Room Army

Minions - 35 Maelok T BC MkI.3

Theme: The Blindwater Congregation
1 / 1 Free Cards     35 / 35 Army


Maelok the Dreadbound - WB: +28
-    Gatorman Soul Slave - PC: 0
-    Blackhide Wrastler - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
-    Bull Snapper - PC: 5 (Battlegroup Points Used: 5)
-    Blind Walker - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)

Bone Shrine - PC: 2
Gatorman Witch Doctor - PC: 4
Croak Hunter - PC: 3
Swamp Gobber Chef - PC: 1

Gatorman Posse (Blindwater) - Leader & 2 Grunts: 10
-    Void Leech - PC: 1
Gatorman Posse (Blindwater) - Leader & 2 Grunts: 10
-    Void Leech - PC: 1


I really like them both, I guess it will be decided if I can finish the ‘Rifle Corp’ or get frustrated by them.  If I do finish them, I also am thinking about using them on Friday for a “Who’s The Boss” event.

0 comments:

Post a Comment