March 13, 2017

Guild Ball: Engineer's Guild 'Velocity'

After my 3v3 intro game I had the other week I have been itching to get in another game of Guild Ball and to get some of my models painted.  Getting in a game is tougher than getting some models painted.  Closest 'regular' Guild Ball group is about 80 miles one way for me and my store that is about 40 miles away, Guild Ball has kind of slowed down there.

So while I wait to get my second game in, I thought it was time to get a few models painted and I wanted to test out the color scheme I have chosen for Engineer's.  My plan is to try to keep close to 'studio' colors, but I wanted to add a little 'team color', so I choose to paint the armor plates in a shade of red.  So where the studio uses a lot of browns for cloaks and silvers for metal armor, I will go with shades of red.

It is a little hard to tell in the below pictures, but I actually did do quite a bit of highlighting on the brown woods.  I wanted to keep the highlight subtle, but when the model is held in your hand, they do stand out.

First model up, we have 'Velocity', and original model from the Engineer's starter box and a starting Striker for my team.

Velocity


 Velocity
 
 Velocity

Painting Points: 1

0 comments:

Post a Comment