September 18, 2015

Daily Chronicle: 'New Painting Workstation'

With the move to a new place coming in the next 2-4 weeks (keys in 2 weeks, but have 4 weeks till we are out of the old place), I thought it would be a good time to think about a new painting workstation setup. I have been using the original Citadel Games Workshop mdf painting station for the last 13 years, and thought it was time for a change. I wanted something that will easily display my paints and brushes.
 
Originally I was just going to replace what I had with the newer black plastic Citadel painting station, but just recently found out they have discountinued that product for just a hobby box (too bad, I liked the look of the plastic station), so I spent some time googling wargaming painting stations and came across quite a few different options. A lot of them were made in mdf with some really cool setups (magnetic connections and such), and then I came across a company from Austratlia called Back 2 Base-ix and they offer an acrylic painting modular painting station that you can pick the pieces that you want. Coming from Australia, shipping was going to be pricey, but if you take there pre-designed 'Rack Pack' they offer free shipping, you can also slightly customize the 'Rack Pack' adding a few options along with what color you want your rack to be.
 
Back 2 Base-ix Rack Pack
Back 2 Base-ix Tool Rack
So I went ahead and ordered the 'Rack Pack' with a black color option and I added the Tool Rack to hold my brushes and water cup.
 
My total price came out to about $261 Australian dollars and converted was about $192 US.
 
I am looking forward to putting this together in a few weeks and will write a post/pics of the finished setup.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment