January 7, 2011

Hordes: Skorne Basilisk Drake (Warbeast)

In my son's Skorne army that  I recently gave him, we have 5 models plus the new "Malik Karn" that were still unpainted.

The other day I decided that I wanted to go ahead and paint one of these models.  Just a small break from painting Cygnar and Khador.  I decided to paint up the "Basilisk Drake" that he had.  The "Basilisk Drake" was already primed so it was just a matter of getting started.  The other reason I choose this model is that it makes for a good test bed in case I ever do the Hordes Minion Gators.

I have been trying to just stick with using P3 paints on my Warmachine and Hordes models, but with this model, I felt that using the GW 'Charadon Granite' Foundation Paint would make a good base coat for when I went and highlighted with the P3 'Traitor Green'.

Now we are down to 4 "Paingiver Beast Handlers" and "Malik Karn" and we'll have about 40 points of Skorne painted.

Basilisk Drake

Basilisk Drake

Basilisk Drake

Painting Points: 2

2 comments:

  1. Nice looking beast, I really like these Skorne models you've been showing lately. The blue armor is a nice change from the standard approach. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You very much. Since Cygnar his my son's army, it was only fitting to have a 'blue' Skorne army for him too.

    ReplyDelete